1. Remove the bandage after one to two hours.
2. Wash the tattoo using a mild antibacterial soap (such as Dial or Dial foam) and warm water.( Long showers or baths must be avoided for 2 weeks. This includes swimming in the Ocean or a Pool, Hot Tubs, and Saunas).
3. Remove all traces of blood and plasma.
4. Do not scrub the tattoo with a washcloth during the two week healing period. Pat it dry with a clean, soft cloth or paper towel.
5. Once dry, apply a very thin coat of ointment to the tattoo. We recommend using Aquaphor as ointment. Only use enough to make it shine, a little goes a long way.
6. Do not re-bandage the tattoo.
7. Repeat the cycle of washing, drying, and applying ointment to the tattoo about 3-4 times per day for the first 4-5 days.
8. After, (as long as there is no scabbing) switch to a regular unscented moisturizer such as Eucerin, Lubriderm, Curel, Corn huskers, or Jergens.
10. 9. Apply moisturizer twice a day for the remainder of two weeks. Do not use lotions that contain dyes or fragrance.
11. Do not peel your tattoo, you will pull the ink out. It is perfectly normal to see small flakes of colored skin falling off during this stage of healing.
12. Please refrain from scratching or picking at the tattoo.
13. The sun is BAD for your tattoo. It will dry out your tattoo and could cause it to form a horrendous scab resulting in fading before it is even healed.
14. Follow these instructions and consult with your artist about any further instructions.
15. Never ask you neighbor, bae, or your cousin's friend how to take care of your tattoo.